Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for Quality and Compliance? If so, your future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a hardworking, ambitious individual to fill a Quality Inspector position for our new facility in Katy, Texas. Products include equipment and industrial computers for harsh environments.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of quality. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the Quality and Production areas.
Quality Inspector will be responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Performs inspection of parts and products as assigned. Includes incoming materials, in-process inspections & testing for production and verification of stock.
- Complies with all applicable Quality System standards; maintains integrity of Certificate of Compliance (C of C) system.
- Performs failure analysis investigations and reports.
- Assists QA Manager with quality issues.
- Assist in supplier quality audits.
- Particpates in meetings with other departments and suppliers to transfer information.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares communications and reports as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, vendors and the general public.
- Complies with all company policies and instructions; brings appropriate issues to their Supervisor’s attention.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
- High School diploma or GED with four years of manufacturing quality experience, or Associates degree in an appropriate technical field with one year of production quality experience. CQI or CQE are a plus.
- Proficient use of inspection equipment for mechanical and electrical inspection including, but not limited to, micrometers and calipers.
- ISO 9001 experience
- Must read engineering drawings and have a basic understanding of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance (GD&T).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the use of the intranet and internet.
- Ability to learn basic use of engineering document management and ERP systems.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read, write and interpret reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously to consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees within all levels of the organization.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities.