Test Planning Engineer
Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for Production and Research & Development? If so, your future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a hardworking, ambitious individual to fill a Test Planning Engineer position for our new facility in Katy, Texas. This position will be responsible for interfacing with Research and Development and providing support for production of industrial computers and other products. This person will initially spend some time in Twinsburg, OH for training.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of quality. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the testing process.
The Test Planning Engineer will be responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Manage, schedule, and keep the documentation for transition of product from Research & Development to production.
- Work closely with Research & Development engineers to develop and design test fixtures and test programs for new products.
- Responsible for creating production fixtures.
- Support existing test setups and production fixtures.
- Perform and support electromagnetic compliance and qualification testing.
- Participate in internal and/or external work groups.
- Work with the engineers during design reviews.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications and reports as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with staff, vendors and the general public.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed
Test Engineer Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of product testing experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong mechanical, electrical and software aptitude. Familiarity or desire to learn ANSI-C with LabWindows/CVI Version 6.0
- Understanding of test and measurement equipment including automated test systems, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, willingness to learn and develop applications with new equipment.
- Ability to design and build fixtures and test stands.
- Ability to organize work and consistently meet deadlines.
- Experience with analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the use of the intranet and internet.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions and diagrams
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities.