Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EH&S)
Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for EH&S and people in a manufacturing environment? If so, your future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a skilled, ambitious individual to fill an EH&S Specialist position for our new facility in Katy, Texas. This person will initially spend some time in Twinsburg, OH for training.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of EH&S. This job will be integral in helping to train our staff for the new facility. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the process.
The Environmental Health & Safety Specialist will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Leads, defines, trains to grow the culture of EH&S for Katy operations.
- Ensures management processes and assurance program meet the requirements of all applicable US regulations (EPA & State) and Group EH&S system standards
- Primary contact point for compliance questions from regulators and customers
- Ensures integrity of the management system.
- Assesses Risk and works to minimize or mitigate.
- Creates procedural systems and new work instructions to standardize and streamline processes between departments and facilities.
- Leads monthly site safety committee meetings with employee representatives.
- Guides preparation and facilitates Management Review Meetings.
- Ensure all reporting and investigation of any near miss or incident in a timely manner and that root causes are identified and eliminated.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares communications and reports as needed.
- Interacts professionally on a regular basis with customers, staff, vendors, operations at sister plants and offices and the general public.
- Influences staff results by coaching, training, counseling, and monitoring by the use of auditing.
- Ensures reporting of any infringement of company policies to a departmental manager.
Environmental Health & Safety Qualifications
- AS or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing EH&S environment.
- Must have experience working with OSHA.
- Must have experience with Workers Compensation.
- ISO 9001 and 14001 experience experience a plus.
- Well-developed oral, written and professional communication skills.
- Proficient in use of risk assessment and knowledgeable in EH&S law.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the use of the intranet and internet.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously to consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with regulators, public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work alongside other employees within all levels of the organization.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities.