Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for planning and manufacturing? If so, your future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a hardworking, ambitious individual to fill a production planning and scheduling position for our new facility in Katy, Texas. This position will be responsible for interfacing with Production and Research and Development. Products include industrial computers and peripherals. This person will initially spend some time in Twinsburg, OH for training.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of quality. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the production process.
The Production Planner will be responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Plans, schedules and works to optimize workflow for each work cell and operation according to established standards.
- Utilizes ERP system daily for upcoming orders, Make Order (MO) processes, viewing requirements for materials and to search stock of items.
- Analyzes production specifications and work cell capacity data.
- Alters and adapts schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Performs mathematical calculations to determine labor, manufacturing processes and equipment needed.
- Monitors inventory of materials and parts needed to complete production; communicates potential issues.
- Confers with manager to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations to meet commitments to the customer.
- Cross trained as a backup for Document Specialist.
- Prepares purchase orders to obtain consumable materials and tools.
- Prepares production status reports.
- Complies with all company policies and instructions; brings appropriate issues to their Supervisor’s attention.
Production Planner Qualifications and Experience
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 4 years production planning experience.
- APICS, CPIM or other applicable certification a plus!
- Production scheduling and inventory transactions using an ERP system; has an overall understanding of a manufacturing business.
- Strong keyboarding skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read, write and interpret reports and business correspondence for a diverse audience.
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work alongside other employees within all levels of the organization.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities.