Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for Production and people? If so, your future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a hardworking, ambitious individual to fill a Production Leadership position for our new facility in Katy, Texas. This position will supervise, support and motivate the assembly employees in production of industrial computers and other products. This person will initially spend some time in Twinsburg, OH for training.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of quality. This job will be integral in helping to train our staff for the new facility. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the process.
The Production Lead will be responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Oversee all production floor activities.
- Schedule employees’ workloads and provide necessary work materials.
- Provide clear training and instructions on work processes and checking quality of work.
- Provide production assistance to employees and seek solutions to production issues.
- Collaborate with Engineers to develop new processes and build the first units in pilot runs.
- Assist in the management and resoution of issues with other departments.
- Actively support production efficiency improvements.
- Process orders for non-stock items, supplies, machine parts and samples as needed.
- Manage applicable Health and Safety compliance the production department.
- Direct staff job results by coaching, training, and disciplining employees.
- Maintain detailed records and prepare communications as needed.
Production Lead Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in a related field of study such as: manufacturing/industrial/mechanical/electrical engineering or engineering technology; or Business Administration with a high mechanical aptitude
- Minimum 5 years of electronic parts or product production experience.
- Minimum 3 years of previous supervisory experience in manufacturing.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience coaching and building teams; organizational and staff development.
- Ability to organize work and consistently meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications..
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail and good follow-up skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution focused.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing basics.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Ability to work alongside other employees within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions, diagrams and engineering drawings.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with peers and supervisors in a personable and professional manner.
- Ability to read and follow detailed instructions and diagrams
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities.