Are you looking for a career that allows you to use your knowledge and passion for purchasing quality products? If so, your new future could begin at Pepperl+Fuchs! A leading developer in the global automation market, Pepperl+Fuchs is looking for a Buyer to purchase materials to support current and potential production requirements. Responsible for strategically sourcing components based on supplier’s quality, cost and on-time delivery performance. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a manufacturing environment.This person will initially spend some time in Twinsburg, OH for training.
A successful candidate must be able to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining high standards of quality. This job will require a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive to get things done correctly, with emphasis on working with people in the process.
The Buyer will be responsible for a variety of functions including:
- Collaborates with other departments to procure variety of mechanical and electrical components including machining, sheet metal fabrication, plastic injection, PBCA’s, wire harnesses, LCD’s, and monitors.
- Negotiates purchase agreements to reduce overall Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manages and develops suppliers to improve their performance for quality, cost and delivery.
- Works with all appropriate parties to resolve and process discrepant material.
- Implement Engineering Change Orders.
- Provides quick response to production shortages.
- Performs monthly forecast analysis to optimize inventory levels for raw materials.
- Reviews and processes purchase proposals into third party purchase orders.
- Works with cross-functional teams to source products, services, prototypes and samples to assist in new product development and re-design of existing products.
- Responsible for supplier qualifications, audits, and reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as a buyer.
- Experienced in procuring variety of mechanical and electrical components including machining, sheet metal fabrication, plastic injection, PBCA’s, wire harnesses, LCD’s, and monitors.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability Manage supplier Risk.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Good data analysis skills, ability to extract, analyze and present data to show findings, opportunities, etc.
- Understanding and involvement with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques such as Six Sigma methodology.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 80079-34, or ISO 9001.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in a manufacturing company in an MRP environment.
- Sound understanding of Purchasing practices across various commodities – fabricated / electrical parts buying experience desired.
- C.P.S.M, C.P.M., CPIM or APICS certification, desirable.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, a comfortable work environment, a strong PTO (Personal Time Off) Plan, and professional development opportunities. This position may require occasional time out of town.
If you meet the qualifications above, please apply! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.